Obsidian and Square Enix revealed today that their addictive dungeon crawler, Dungeon Siege III, will be getting a nice dose of DLC this October. The DLC will feature an increased level cap, new abilities, new monsters and items, the ability to re-specialize talents and proficiency points, a new enchanting system, new quests and, of course, an entirely new area and story to explore and conquer – the Aranoi Desert.
Dungeon Siege III Treasures of the Sun will be available in October for $9.99 on PC, Xbox 360, and PS3.
DUNGEON SIEGE III Downloadable Content Details Revealed
DUNGEON SIEGE III: TREASURES OF THE SUN Adds Hours of Hack ‘n’ Slash Gameplay, New Story Arc and Action-Packed Quests
LOS ANGELES (September 1, 2011) — Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of SQUARE ENIX® interactive entertainment products in the Americas, announced today a robust downloadable content (DLC) pack for DUNGEON SIEGE® III will be available in October. Introducing several additional hours of gameplay, players will enjoy more of the World of Ehb with DUNGEON SIEGE III: TREASURES OF THE SUN™ as it offers a brand new plot arc, additional quests, new enemies and tons more loot.
In DUNGEON SIEGE III: TREASURES OF THE SUN, players will extend their journey and travel beyond the borders of Ehb to an all-new environment: the Aranoi Desert. On their search for a lost Legion hero, players will fight through hordes of new villains only to find a forgotten abbey hiding a long-lost secret: the greatest treasure of the Azunite faith.
Further supporting the hours of new content in the expansion, developer Obsidian Entertainment has introduced several refinements to the systems and mechanics of DUNGEON SIEGE III:
• New abilities: Players will be able to attain mastery of the arcane through powerful new attack, defense and healing abilities.
• Level up to 35: DUNGEON SIEGE III: TREASURES OF THE SUN will further power up players by raising DUNGEON SIEGE III’s existing level cap from 30 to 35.
• More monsters and items: Players will encounter new monsters in the Aranoi Desert—including mummies and giant skeletons—and will find more powerful items, adding to the thousands already available in DUNGEON SIEGE III.
• Reallocate Talent & Proficiency Points: Players can reallocate points spent in Proficiencies and Talents, enabling changes to character customization throughout the campaign.
• New Enchanting System: Transmuting items now gives players chances at gaining powerful new Vials that allow them to enhance their weapons and armor through the DLC’s new enchanting system.
DUNGEON SIEGE III: TREASURES OF THE SUN is anticipated for release in October for $9.99. Players can download the DLC via Steam® (Windows PC), Xbox LIVE online entertainment network (Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft) and the PlayStation®Network.